Friday, September 12, 2008

Ten great quotes and proverbs

1.Where God has his church the Devil will have his chapel.-Spanish proverb
2.Freedom is not an ideal,it is not even a protection,if it means nothing more than freedom to stagnate,to live without dreams,to have no greater aim than a second car and another television set.-U.S.politician Adlai Stevenson,1960
3.Nature teaches more than she preaches.There are no sermons in stones.-John Burroughs
4.When they tell you to grow up,they mean stop growing.-Tom Robbins
5.Honest criticism is hard to take,particularly from a relative,a friend,an acquaintance or a stranger.-Franklin P.Jones
6.Where liberty dwells,there is my country.-Benjamin Franklin
7.Money is flat and meant to be piled.-New England saying
8.The well-adjusted make poor prophets.-Eric Hoffer
9.Don't walk behind me;I may not lead.
Don't walk in front of me;I may not follow.Just walk beside me and be my friend.-Albert Camus
10.Sometimes there is no darker place than our thoughts,the moonless midnight of the mind.-Dean Koontz

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home