Saturday, September 06, 2008

Seven great quotes

1.As far as I'm concerned,I prefer silent vice to ostentatious virtue.-Albert Einstein
2.When you see a palm tree,the palm tree has seen you.-African(Wolof) proverb
3.I ain't a communist,necessarily.But I been in the red all my life.-Woody Guthrie
4.Life has got a habit of not standing hitched.You got to ride it like you find it.You got to change with it.If a day goes by that don't change some of your old notions for new ones,that is just about like trying to milk a dead cow.-Woody Guthrie
5.If we would just take the profit out of war,there wouldn't be any.-Woody Guthrie
6.You might say that Wall Street is the street that keeps you off Easy Street.-Woody Guthrie
7.People are always talking about originality;but what do they mean?As soon as we are born,the world begins to work upon us,and this goes on to the end.What can we call our own except energy,strength and will?If I could give an account of all that I owe to great predecessors and contemporaries,there would be but a small balance in my favour.-Goethe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home