Sunday, September 21, 2008

Seven great quotes

1.The less depth a belief system has,the greater the fervency with which its adherents embrace it.The most vociferous,the most fanatical are those whose cobbled faith is founded on the shakiest grounds.-Dean Koontz,FORVER ODD.
2.The contents of someone 's bookcase are part of his history,like an ancestral portrait.-Anatole Broyard
3.When I see books that I have read on library shelves,it is like running into an old friend on the street.I often take the book down and browse through it---Like friends,they have gone into making me whoever I am.-Kevin Starr
4.Blogs are Little First Amendment machines.-Jay Rosen
5.I have no special talent.I am only passionately curious.-Albert Einstein
6.It is the writer's privilege to lift hearts.The poet's voice doesn't just record life,it becomes a prop to help others endure and prevail.-William Faulkner
7.It is a person's duty to read.A library is not a luxury,but one of the necessities of life.-Henry Ward Beecher

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home