Monday, August 13, 2007

A dusting of quotes and proverbs

1.Try not.Do,or do not.
There is no try.-Yoda
2.He who seeks revenge should remember to dig two graves.-Chinese proverb
3.I do not wish to hear about the moon from someone who has not been there.-19th century Mark Twain
4.Where I was born and how I have lived is unimportant.It is what I have done with where I have been that should be of interest.-Georgia O'Keefe
5.I love the light because it shows me the way,yet I will endure the darkness for it shows me the stars.-Og Mandino
6.There is no such thing as love.That which you call love is in fact dependence and security.-Arthur Rimbaud
7.Life without music is just a bunch of dates that the bills have to be paid by.-Frank Zappa
8.Sometimes one has simply to endure a period of depression for what it may hold of illumination,if one can live through it-----attentive to what it exposes or demands.-May Sarton
9.Pure logic is the ruin of the spirit.-Antoine de Saint-Exupery
10.If you want to build a ship,don't drum up people together to collect wood and don't assign them tasks and work,but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea.-Antoine de Saint-Exupery
11.Imitation is not just the sincerest form of flattery--it's the sincerest form of learning.-George
Bernard Shaw

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home