Friday, January 26, 2007

18 great quotes and proverbs

1.Poets are like baseball pitchers.Both have their moments.The intervals are the tough things.-Robert Frost
2.A fool is like all other men as long as he remains silent.-Danish proverb
3.People find happiness in both wisdom and folly,virtue and vice.Contentment is no index of true worth.-Vauvenargues(1715-47)
4.Often one finds destiny just where one hides to avoid it.-Chinese proverb
5.I thought I wanted a career.Turns out I just wanted a pay cheque.-Poster in a Los Angeles office,1997.
6.Forgiving the unrepentant is like drawing pictures on water.-Japanese proverb
7.A full cup must be carried steadily.-English proverb
8.The typical lawmaker of today is a man devoid of principle-a mere counter in a grotesque and knavish game.If the right pressure could be applied to him,he would be cheerfully in favor of polygamy,astrology or cannibalism.-H.L.Mencken
9.Limitations are but boundaries created inside our minds.-Chinese proverb
10.We serve best when we hold dearly in mind the goal and purpose rather than our place in the process.
11.A fool finds no pleasure in understanding but delights in airing his own opinions.-Miscellaneous proverb
12.I felt like you can write forever,but you have a short time to raise a family.And I think a family is more important than writing.-Ken Kesey
13.Show me somebody who can't tell his friends from his enemies,and I'll show you somebody who's going to end up with no friends.-Jim Lehrer
14.I think I did pretty well,considering I started out with nothing but a bunch of black paper.-Steve Martin
15.Tradition is a guide,and not a jailer.-W.Somerset Maugham
16.The eternal quest of human beings is to shatter their loneliness.-Norman Cousins
17.Don't go breaking your shin on a stool that's not in your way.-Unknown
18.If you have a job without aggravations,then it's not a job.-Malcolm Forbes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home