Monday, November 07, 2005

Seemingly lost -forever Clara Bow film

I am a big fan of old films,including silent films.That does not mean I do not like to watch new films,however.I enjoy both.
I find it very sad and massively heart-breaking that some 70 to 80% of silent films made before 1930 are lost forever-----and no copies of them are known to exist anywhere.Occasionally,long-lost silent films turn up in private film collections and in foreign film archives,like the Gosfilmofondin Russia.
I would love to watch the 1924 silent film GRIT starring Clara Bow.It was a hit that year and the movie was based on a
book by Francis Scott Fitzgerald.The film is presumed lost-----no copy of it is known to exist anywhere.I hope the search for this fascinating movie
is intensified and that it is rediscovered.Any movie based on Francis Scott Fitzgerald's work ought to be archived in many places.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home