Sunday, November 25, 2007

A stack of interesting quotes

1.Poetry is plucking at the heartstrings ,and making music with them.-Dennis Gabor
2.Poetry,like the moon,does not advertise anything.-William Blissett
3.Poetry is an echo,asking a shadow to dance.-Carl Sandburg
4.Poetry is the art of substantiating shadows.-Edmund Burke
5.Peace is costly,but it is worth the expense.-Kenyan proverb
6.A desk is a dangerous place from which to watch the world.-John Le Carre
7.It is never too late to give up your prejudices.-Henry David Thoreau,Economy from WALDEN
8.Confusion is a word we have invented for an order which is not understood.-Henry Miller
9.I want to live my life so that my nights are not full of regrets.-D.H.Lawrence
10.Delusions of grandeur make me feel a lot better about myself.-Jane Wagner
11.I don't have pet peeves,I have whole kennels of irritation.-Whoopi Goldberg
12.Life is an escalator:You can move forward or backward;you cannot remain still.-Patricia Russell McCloud

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home