Sunday, September 23, 2007

An eyeful of quotes and proverbs

1.Every man is wise when attacked by a mad dog;fewer when pursued by a mad woman;only the wisest survive when attacked by a mad notion.-Robertson Davies
2.I have learned that what I have not drawn I have never really seen.-Frederick Franck
3.I don't trust him.We're friends.-Bertolt Brecht
4.Before you trust a man,eat a peck of salt with him.-Anon
5.Dogs never become bored with you----A dog entering his middle years won't abandon you for a younger,trophy mistress.-Nancy Furstinger,author of WHY I'd RATHER DATE MY DOG
6.Life is a concentration camp.You're stuck here and there's no way out and you can only rage impotently against your prosecutors.-Woody Allen
7.Bad is never good until worse happens.-Danish proverb
8.Experience is a comb which nature gives to men when they are bald.-Chinese proverb
9.To know the road ahead,ask those coming back.-Chinese proverb
10.Work keeps at bay three great evils:boredom,vice and need.-Voltaire
11.Once the children were in the house the air became more vivid and more heated;every object in the house grew more alive.-Mary Gordon
12.I am a Marxist----of the Groucho tendency.-Anon,French slogan
13.Better a mouse in the pot than no meat at all.-Romanian proverb
14.A happy home is one in which each spouse grants the possibility that the other might be right,though neither believes it.-Don Fraser
15.A love song is just a caress set to music.-Sigmund Romberg
16.Women like me because I make them laugh.And what is an orgasm,except the laughter of the loins?-Mickey Rooney
17.I never worry about diets.The only carrots that interest me are the number you get in a diamond.-Mae West
18.To be in love is merely to be in a state of perceptual anesthesia.-H.L.Mencken
19.Love is an ideal thing,marriage is a real thing.-Goethe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home