Sunday, July 29, 2007

A shipment of quotes and proverbs

1.My best creation is my children.-Diane Von Furstenberg
2.Every road has two directions.-Russian proverb
3.Reviewing the old and deducing the new makes a teacher.-Chinese proverb
4.The best way to suppose what may come is to remember what is past.-Lord Halifax(1633-1695)
5.Again,foul weather will not change my mind,but in the shade I believe what in the sun I loved.-Henry David Thoreau
6.Man has two ears and one tongue so that he may listen twice as much as he speaks.-Chinese proverb
7.Everything goes to him who wants nothing.-French proverb
8.Man did not weave the web of life,he is merely a strand in it.Whatever he does to the web,he does to himself.-Chief Seattle
9.In the affluent society no useful distinction can be made between luxury and necessaries.-J.k.Galbraith

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home