Thursday, May 03, 2007

Eight new quotes or proverbs

1.We are all islands in a common sea.-Anne Morrow Lindbergh
2.I don't think life would be worth living if one were not constantly the prey of one's emotions.-Sir John Betjeman
3.The typewriter separated me from a deeper intimacy with my poetry,and my hand brought me closer to that intimacy again.-Pablo Neruda
4.He who doesn't risk never gets to drink champagne.-Russian proverb
5.Nothing in the world can take the place of perseverance.Talent will not;nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent;Genius will not;unrewarded genius is almost a proverb.Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.-Calvin Coolidge
6.Be slow to promise but quick to perform.-Chinese proverb
7.Any activity becomes creative when the doer cares about doing it right,or doing it better.-John Updike
8.A heart in love with beauty never grows old.-Turkish proverb

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home