Tuesday, September 05, 2006

A slathering of great quotes and witticisms

1.If something is not beautiful,it is probably not true.-Poet John Keats
2.You develop a style from writing a lot.-Kurt Vonnegut
3.If you want to upset the law that all crows are black,you musn't show that no crows are;it is enough if you prove one single crow to be white.-William James
4.In every work of genius we recognize our own rejected thoughts.They come back to us with a certain alienated majesty.-Ralph Waldo Emerson
5.Encourage virtue in whatever heart it may have been driven into secrecy and sorrow by the shame and terror of the world.-William Saroyan,American writer,born Aug 31,1908.
6.But I am a great eater of beef,and I believe that does harm to my wit.-William Shakespeare,TWELFTH NIGHT.
7.Virtue,like gold,is stronger when alloyed with a baser metal.-Samuel Butler,THE WAY OF ALL FLESH.
8.It's very hard to get your heart and head together in life.In my case,they're not even friendly.-Woody Allen,CRIMES AND MISDEMEANORS.
9.Before I built a wall I'd ask to know
what I was walling in or walling out.-Robert Frost,`Mending Wall'
10.All great truths begin as blasphemies.-George Bernard Shaw

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home