Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Some thoughts for the day

1.To fly we have to have resistance.-Maya Lin
2.A gentleman chooses his friends carefully.-Chinese proverb
3.I'm a rock star because I couldn't be a soccer star.-Rod Stewart
4.When the hand ceases to scatter,the heart ceases to pray.-Irish proverb
5.Our greatest glory is not in never fallingbut rising every time we fall.-Chinese proverb
6.Ingenuity lights the path to success.-Chinese proverb
7.Kindness is wisdom.-Philip J.Bailey
8.To move freely you must be deeply rooted.-Bella Lewitsky
9.Great things are not done by impulse,but by a series of small things brought together.-Vincent Van Gogh
10.Our birthdays are feathers in the broad wing of time.-Jean Paul Richter
11.Stir the fire,you may burn yourself.-Chinese proverb
12.I have often rewritten-often several times-every word I have ever published.My pencils outlast their erasers.-Vladimir Nabokov
13.Wrinkled was not one of the things I wanted to be when I grew up.-Seen on a T-shirt.
14.''Frankly Scallop,I don't give a clam''(T-shirt slogan seen on Cape Cod)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home